Crossroads

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Updates Discussion

Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Updates Discussion Empty Updates Discussion

Post  Corona Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:35 pm

This is more like a commenting section on the new updates. But strategy revisions will be discussed on any and all changes.
    As I said, I trust nothing in this system to stay except for the currency you own. So, shoot away here on this. =P
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Updates Discussion Empty Day 1744's Health Update

Post  Corona Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:51 pm

To be honest, I'm very neutral about this update, but I feel for someone smart with energy, this hampers them a bit.

+ Up to 1100 health usable at a moment, players benefit more on a short-term basis.
    + Health can be obtained sooner, the average player will likely still get 10 or 20 health minimum just from two-clicking and reading an article or checking anything.

- Strategic use of the 100 health recovering (use 10, have 100 ready) cannot function in a battle anymore.

With only 10 energy risen at a bit and the max cap of your usual cap, this helps with food of all quality levels to be usable. Guess the market could benefit a bit from this (if we aren't all self-sustained for the most part already).

Edit: Oh crud. Totally caught me off-guard, but the max health you get is both the total you get and the amount you can heal up to full again. At max health, 550 x 2 would be 1100. Dang. Now I feel I have to invest in this later on as well =(
    man_k9
    man_k9
    Admin

Updates Discussion Empty Re: Updates Discussion

Post  man_k9 Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:18 pm

It's possible to control energy recovery by putting food on the market, eating the remainder, then removing the offer. Doing this for every fight really isn't worth the trouble, though.
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:54 am

The heavy players actually try to benefit off as much as the restorable energy as possible. At a more extreme level, this would mean they can only sleep exactly 5.5 hours and not 6 hours, because of how energy restores up to max now. =P

Had we attempted this type of aggressive tactics, we might do something just like it =x
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:29 pm

man_k9 wrote:Upgrading tier 1 from Q3 to Q4 pays for itself in 60 days, in the following sense:
    Out of the 56g spent, 50 can be refunded by downgrading. The remaining 6 are earned back by gaining 5 str/day × 5g/(250 str) = 0.1g/day.

Tier 2 at Q4 covers its operating cost of 0.19g, resulting in a net gain of 0.01g/day. Higher tiers still can't cover their own costs.
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:36 pm

Ooh, interesting. You can see to it in completing your upgrades, since the free facility does raise more than the tier 2 training facility on a daily basis anyways.

I'm 3 gold short from yet another upgrade. I think with the company thing deemed hard to profit in the meanwhile, we should do much in improving our own stats strictly for the time being, we have new goals to attain. =)
    man_k9
    man_k9
    Admin

Post  man_k9 Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:45 pm

Now 40% less lousy than before!
    Tier 3 training still incurs a net loss, even when combined with a maxed-out tier 1. At least the effective cost (0.49g/day at Q4) is lower than that of tier 4 (0.99g/day).
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:22 pm

Definitely not a considered option, but putting it at 0.89 makes it almost affordable (and people might justify that over spending 1.79g in one go).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 12:05 am