Crossroads

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

eRepublik General Thread

Corona
    Corona
    Admin

eRepublik General Thread Empty eRepublik General Thread

Post  Corona Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:25 am

It is quite a-ways overdue, but here it is --
    This thread may even deserve a font change or even colours later on. Gasp!

-----

This will be the centerpoint before we make more threads to discuss roles and duties in general.

Here are the larger topics to talk about:
    - Marking our individual progress (citizen stats)
    - Track market prices of all items and of gold:CC (country currency)
    - Make decisions on future cash/gold investments (?)
    - Military stance
    - Personal goals to reach (?)
    - Government involvement (?)
    - Info on foreign markets and/or moving to a new country for heightened growth.

-----

- Consider making FAQs-answered post/thread for newbies learning
    - Consider invitation of newer people (as opposed to reviving the Old. No pun intended)

-----
    ~Unofficial copy-paste board of FAQ, will delete later~
    Here are some key things to start --

1. Job for cashes - Get the highest paying job, get a set amount of money from other players starting companies. Companies cost a bit to start, so be sure you do good research before throwing gold into making one.

2. Daily strength - I think you found it already: My places > 2nd tab > Free gym. Use this for now and your utmost priority will be upgrading that gym (by pressing the green plus arrow on that tab).

3. Be a regular - You get bonus gold, which is worth tons more over CAD and used in upgrades and other cool stuff. Do try to avoid using the gold outside of upgrades. =)

4. [Bonus] Fight! - Help eCanada fight, and ask regularly (and politely!) for some health to fight at early levels. Most people will be kind enough to donate.

Last edited by Corona on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:40 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Refined topics+goals)
    man_k9
    man_k9
    Admin

eRepublik General Thread Empty Re: eRepublik General Thread

Post  man_k9 Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:53 pm

Taunted again by the company upgrade discount.
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:14 pm

I definitely noticed that these discounted upgrades come every so often now. This only pushes the temptation to get everything as soon as you see it. Do resist it in the meantime =P
    jasonchen2002
    jasonchen2002
    Admin

Post  jasonchen2002 Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:31 am

So here I shall list my resources:

11 Gold
    1342 CAD

218 Q1 Food (From own factory)
    92 Q6 Food
    15 Energy Bars
    42 Q6 Tank
    20 Q7 Tank (reserved)
    I also generate and use my own Q2 weapon

259 FRM
    285 WRM

72 barrel / 0 scope / 4 rocket / 125 trigger / 129 stock ----> 42 bazookas currently

Hmmm... I tend to buy Q6 Food and Weapon in bulk of 100s.... so yeah XD
    Things change (especially inventory) rapidly, it's just a snapshot for now, I'll attempt to get another Battle Hero with my stockpiled energy bars / bazookas if I can....
    And I managed to get 10 gold in one day yesterday XD;
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:10 am

That's good that you're putting down the citizen stats thing. =x

I think I didn't finish the post that you saw me writing XD;;
    I'll be making a new thread on that later. =P

----

Edit: 0 gold, 2000 CAD
    Lack of gold is a result of making good use of conversion rate of gold.

Gold conversion rate as of August 28 (Day 1742) 1:30am:
    9g at {1g:834 CAD}
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:27 am

Update 1! [Sept 08, 12:06am start of post]

- Looks like I'm hitting off the mark here, short of the companies-related stuff. And the concept of foreign markets feels dropped given we lack the resources to profit in our own country, let alone another (and 20 gold? Ouch!)

- Market prices are naturally marked, but cost/hit ratio for weapons and food ratios could be calculated.

- Further calculations done on a given day can be done on RM factories of all tiers, as well as numbers needed for profitability, to be checked. WRMs are far less profitable, to a terrifyingly low 12 cents per piece (From 20 cents per, a drop off 40% in cost!)

- All item costs are dropping collectively but not at the pace of the gold drop in cost, or is it? Gold prices, while equally unstable, aligns itself with weapon and food costs (and salary, naturally). From 900:1, the cost has now dropped to 729:1. The cost has only dropped by a little under 20%, while a link is constantly made between gold and currency, its connection does vary, so keep a sharp eye on it before your cash loses value sharply!

- Ratio predictions! Cost is likely to reach 700:1, but this could easily backfire against me, costs will be easily reaching back to 800:1 as soon as there is reason to hoard gold to buy items or personal upgrades. Stay tuned~
    man_k9
    man_k9
    Admin

Post  man_k9 Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:25 pm

Unfortunately, FRM prices show no sign of rising. A WRM factory still generates 3 times as much income as a FRM factory of the same tier.

Possible reasons for the imbalance:
    • 3 grain farms + 1 food factory for (almost?) every player: excess FRM could have started saturating the market long ago.
    • Fighting: ignoring energy bars and special weapons (most fights are done with food and regular weapons), every "shot" taken on the battlefield costs 10 energy (5 FRM) and optionally, 1 use of a weapon (10 WRM). A player wanting to maximize damage is effectively consuming twice as much WRM as FRM.
    • Rocket factories: even more bias toward WRM consumption.
    • Q7: 1 use of a Q7 weapon costs 20 WRM, not 10. People are willing to pay for it because of its 200 firepower. Who needs to buy Q7 food? And where's the bias now?

It's tempting to conclude that WRM should be at least twice as profitable as FRM, but we're dealing with economics driven by irrational players (and admins). Food prices can skyrocket overnight if consumption suddenly increases to a point where production can't keep up. We could even try to turn the system upside-down by converting the entire eCanadian food industry to weapons, saturating the market to provide cheap Q7 weapons for everyone, and importing cheap food from other countries. Of course, such an effort would be too risky.

A valid conclusion is that the admins dictate what is most profitable, albeit inadvertently. If we know that the economy won't be disturbed by some new feature next month, then the RM imbalance will stay for a while. The link to gold prices is harder to analyze, partly because *certain players* can instantly dump large amounts of gold into the market.
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

eRepublik General Thread Empty CC Love

Post  Corona Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:34 pm

Protip: Regardless of the state of eRepublik, if you put CAD up to be grabbed, there will be people who take it, you will profit.

2 Possible scenarios:

When it is profitable to bank on the CC:g ratio:
    Say it is 500:1 when putting your CC up for grabs, but it's 700:1 (in the past weeks) when purchasing gold? Profit off the difference, as I proudly explain in earlier days. This comes from a newbie's negligence to the ratios of the gold. Regardless, benefit off the difference and out rich. =)

When it is profitable to bank on the g:CC ratio:
    Well, let's say now it costs 400:1 to buy, and posting up your gold is 500:1, that means they benefit on the active CC market! Well, since the ratio for CC:g (in eRe economics) is always going to benefit, it means that if it is 400:1, they had to buy off the 500:1 ratio on the other side to know the profit margin. That means by the time you leave it on overnight, there can only be a benefit for you as long as you leave that deal out. The only thing you surrender is temporary mobility of the CC you put up.
    man_k9
    man_k9
    Admin

Post  man_k9 Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:45 pm

Alert!
    g:CC has dropped below 500:1. Buying gold directly is more profitable than selling CC. What to do...
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:04 pm

Place it on the new 0.003 ratio, of course.
    It has been below 500:1 for almost a full 24 hours. It is time we get the gold stocks healthy once more! >=D
    man_k9
    man_k9
    Admin

Post  man_k9 Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:11 am

I'm surprised how quickly people reacted. Not a single 0.002 offer in sight.
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:39 pm

The upgrades took the world by surprise, 449:1 was the rate I bought 10 gold at, and now it's at 569:1 (that I bought yet another 10).

What a major shift in power. Whoever is out of range from raising up the facility costs needed to upgraded are urged to sell their gold 'til the gold value recedes once more...later tonight. =)
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:51 am

My disappointment in the shift in people within CAF is giving me slight thoughts in leaving a country to better myself, the individual, to better assist the country that I stand for. =P

My place to move after several weeks could be eChina. Upon discussing it to j2k2, he has made mention that Taiwan may be a country to consider moving. That depends on eCanada's willingness to boost me up of course. Getting the citizenship doesn't guarantee my profit. I am profiting at an impressive 60 CC/day (59.4 after tax), and due to my lack of companies, I won't benefit from the 100/100 of eChina anyhow, aside from a possible decreased market cost.

These are thoughts of the moments, and I'll likely not act on them. But it certainly gave me surprise when I found out eChina is a nation of 100/100, and not eUSA no longer. Food for thought. =)
    jasonchen2002
    jasonchen2002
    Admin

Post  jasonchen2002 Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:54 am

Bwahaha, join eTaiwan =P

But really though, lack of activities even here in Night's Watch when Tyrael went AFK, oh well, Canada is not really as active as before
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:57 am

man_k9: Keep in mind with only 10 gold/day, the max you should put on the market is 5000 CAD (for 0.002) and 3333.34 CAD (for 0.003). And it is absolutely possible to put it both at once. I certainly don't recommend reposting the offer now, but it'll allow you to use some CAD again if you are having trouble using it to repurchase gold once again.

j2k2: Still, you get supplies. We get 800 CAD/week though, so at least I won't appear to be selling military property for profit. If you have proper targets and proper equipment, no need to worry greatly. Do safeguard all supplies you receive until the day they try to remove our last region (likely Ontario, knowing them). =D
    man_k9
    man_k9
    Admin

Post  man_k9 Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:16 am

Eh wot? 500 Internal Server Error?
    Admin territory must have been unexpectedly conquered.
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:16 am

An eCanadian told me of the site still working, but slowly for select people, how slightly envious I am of them.
    man_k9
    man_k9
    Admin

Post  man_k9 Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:13 pm

Still no luck with the monetary market.
    It must be our gold tracker's fault! Somehow... it must be secretly communicating with unsuspecting people (and bots), warning them to avoid buying CC.
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:42 pm

Was your deal withdrawn? In any case, you should still put 3334 CC in the market to get lucky. Again, putting 16k seems out of the question now, as you're only allowed 10 gold per day, since your deal won't last a full day when it is finally the first deal available. =(
    man_k9
    man_k9
    Admin

Post  man_k9 Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:43 pm

Aye, it expired yesterday and I've already put 3333.33 back up.
    Now would be a good time to investigate the start-of-day spike, if only I didn't have multiple assignments to worry about...
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:38 am

The spike is much more intense at 4am, where any event that would occur, be it company discounts or gym discounts, will always demonstrate the sharpest of price spikes. Do be sure to sign in on the new status report later in the day.

And a Happy Thanksgiving to all, of course. =)
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:20 am

While it's hard to fund ourselves, I feel we need a few goals for the near-future based on our funding then. That is, unless you guys have intentions to make companies. =P

----

man_k9: If you are Q4/Q3 for your two training facilities, I hope you do save up to wrap up the remaining gold needed to finish its upgrade. Am I correct in guessing your facilities?

jc: Put 3333 CAD on offers (that's an order, blarg!), and save up to wrap up your q4 free facility. I will be raising strength quite rapidly given how past unlockable missions are now available to me. Get some epic gains alongside! =D

If both of you require the 56g upgrade cost, I do hope you both refrain from weapon purchases of any form in the next meanwhile. Fight with thy bare fists!
    man_k9
    man_k9
    Admin

Post  man_k9 Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:01 pm

Your guess is correct! *score*
    Sinking another 56g into training grounds will further delay plans to upgrade companies. Are we going to accept that?

I've started gathering data on the amount of resources needed to complete the daily order. Without even looking at the data, I know that fighting bare-handed is going to consume most of the day's available energy.
    jasonchen2002
    jasonchen2002
    Admin

Post  jasonchen2002 Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Alright, put up 3333 CAD like you said (there goes 10 gold Razz)

And I am still good enough with the Q7s that you gave me, still has... 26 of them (+85 bazookas)
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:20 am

I need to make a military FAQs soon as I learned a few tips as well as fully interpret our options as we fight. =)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:24 pm