Crossroads

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Life after New Year's?

Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Life after New Year's? Empty Life after New Year's?

Post  Corona Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:51 pm

I haven't been on eRep to regularly post, so I guess that use of the forum kinda died.

Regardless, what is up everyone, and have we all settled back to our loop of education or work?

Another group meet can be planned too, if ya want. =P
    jasonchen2002
    jasonchen2002
    Admin

Life after New Year's? Empty Re: Life after New Year's?

Post  jasonchen2002 Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:08 pm

Speaking of that, Clem wants either a Sat/Sun afternoon meet up with board games, now the thing is... a bit too sudden still Razz, this group have the track record of inability to arrange a meeting where everyone's available Razz... (and speaking of that, get Michael to join here as well)

Soooo.... anyone is available? Still have to determine if I'm free this weekend as well...
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Yeah, he left me a text to request, but I can't do afternoons. I only start freeing up starting next Sat here and there, and the job search is on level:serious. =P

Michael has actually requested a visit once over the weeknight and with zj and mike, but having the other 2 bailed, he opted out of it. I'm generally more free over the evenings of most days. Daytime seems sacred the next meanwhile. =P

Edit:

Most users ever online was 6 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:15 pm
    The lurkers are here. >:3
    jasonchen2002
    jasonchen2002
    Admin

Post  jasonchen2002 Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:21 pm

Oh snap D=, lurkers are in ur forum upping ur GAME

But yeah, seems my weekend afternoons are "probably" gone as well as my family are pushing forward with the driver's license class (as late as ever Razz), I'm against it as always but yeah... seems I have to figure that out to determine my availability (evenings should still be good, but Sundays will be pushing it a bit with work the next Mondays)
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:29 pm

It's not really -my- forum, I made it for the group as something to replace the comment chain, though it won't be the same.

Well, I'm not quite sure how it works, but with a year distanced between G2 and the G license, you might be kinda short on time. I think what'll happen is you'll be able to skip one of the two tests when repeating to reach your G once more. If we're doing late-night board games again, it'll likely finish at midnight or 2am at worst.

Have an instructor though as it gives you experience and a discount on car insurance when you become a possible driver. I see the driver's license as mainly ID, though it is nice to drive when given the option.

It probably isn't as much lurkers as it was every single person here signed up to the forum, I could be wrong though!

Still, I wouldn't mind popping up early-mid evenings on some day for just some random chill. The snow's gone a bit and I'm sure people can put up with the still-chilly weather. =P
    jasonchen2002
    jasonchen2002
    Admin

Post  jasonchen2002 Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:33 pm

My sis says that you can pay to renew your G2 license assuming that we passed the test before the deadline :S, not sure how that works but w/e

And my slightly late work hour (10~6:30 ish?) means getting home for dinner at around 8 Razz? While I don't mind staying up a bit late my parents will have something to say to that
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:42 pm

badend. =(

8.5 hrs a day, le jawdrop. Well, it means at 9, you can still have a small sesh, but intense board gaming is kind of tough to make (but not impossible >=D...and I kid). My focus is in surviving the OSAP payments, so with video/board gaming being free, I can still make those with more ease.
    jasonchen2002
    jasonchen2002
    Admin

Post  jasonchen2002 Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Well... That extra 30 min cuz i chose to stick around after work, I could come home earlier if say, there's an event planned before hand Razz. The work schedule is flexible enough for me to make my decisions as to when to leave
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:59 pm

Rarely should there be an event planned on a weekday anyways, so not to worry about your choice. =P

In other news! I passed my last course in UT, which means I shall receive a B.A. in June, gone shall be the days of St. George!

We'll still have to make trips to try new places, and with Michael still there comes opportunity for food downtown with whoever's willing to join. =P
    jasonchen2002
    jasonchen2002
    Admin

Post  jasonchen2002 Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Congrach! You have escaped Bahen (and UT) once and for all Razz
    man_k9
    man_k9
    Admin

Post  man_k9 Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:51 am

Félicitations!

I was most certainly not lurking here around 5:15 PM. This forum must be confused about who its users are.

Current class schedule: Tuesdays 10-12 + 3-5, Wednesdays 1-3.
    Weekly meeting time with supervisor to be decided.
    Sure leaves a lot of room for fooling around...
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:16 pm

And thank you, I seemed to have forgotten to reply. =P
    There were 4 lurkers aside from me and Jason, who've logged on, I wonder how it shot up activity right on that second, crazy. =P

I had an interview, and with some luck, a full-time job may be lying around for me next week! So a visit's looking super hard.

As for a meet-up?
    The Y's doing a dodgeball thing 8-9pm so it might be hard for my initial dinner plans...darn. Instead, we can have a dinner thing planned for next Sunday, a board/video game run might seem tough to add in alongside it, and so I plan to just really take our time with that meal, if need be. I'm hoping to join the rest of you in having Monday commitments as opposed to becoming the stay-home gamer many fear. =P

Lemme know if you guys can make time for a January 20th dinner. =D
    jasonchen2002
    jasonchen2002
    Admin

Post  jasonchen2002 Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:23 pm

So uhh... an almost congrats for getting a full time job is in progress? 88D

I'm good for dinner on the 20th
    man_k9
    man_k9
    Admin

Post  man_k9 Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:13 pm

I'm also fine with anything on the 20th. What about birthday celebrations?
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:58 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    ^ I may have made a new thread to put the discussion there, forgot about this. =X

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:20 am