Crossroads

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Company Management

Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Company Management Empty Company Management

Post  Corona Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:30 pm

~Company Thread~

With the change in allowing both owning a company and working in one, we could choose to take a more serious role in making a company. I recommend only one of us being the "master company owner".

Abbreviations to know:
    W = Weapons
    F = Food
    (W/F)RM = Raw Material

------

This thread will serve as two major things:
    1 - Listing all companies we own (It will be updated on this main post)
    2 - All posts after this thread will be based on upgrades or in deciding what we should do with the companies. =)

------

Corona
    Factories
    • Q2F
    • Q1W

RM
    • Tier 1W
    • Tier 1F
    • Tier 2F

man_k9
    Factories
    • Q1F
    • Q2F
    • Q4W x2

RM
    • Tier 1W
    • Tier 2W x9
    • Tier 4W x2

jasonchen2002
    Factories:
    • Q1F
    • Q2W

RM:
    • Tier 1F x3
    • Tier 1W
    • Tier 3W

Last edited by Corona on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:32 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Company Management Empty Re: Company Management

Post  Corona Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:45 pm

To put some personal feedback on this early on (without spamming my main post), I want to suggest that the option of going from Q2 to Q3 for food or weapon to be slightly more profitable, but unsure of whether it is worth the 28 gold once the discount is available.

28 gold is, needless to say, not heavy an investment considering how many of us could help out. The problem remains that it may not be sold even if we were to upgrade it and when we will break even with our investments. Q7 foods are nice to make for oneself, but it would be definitely difficult to qualify it as profitable in today's use of food.

On a final note, it is not too profitable as eCanada is losing its properties and with time, its resource bonuses. This would be a good time to stock up on materials to sell back to the citizens later on, I'm personally a big fan of the "Buy low, sell high" idea. It would be safer doing this with food than weapons since weapons depend largely on when we have wars.
    man_k9
    man_k9
    Admin

Post  man_k9 Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:07 am

Below is the result of trying to answer: "What's the dumbest investment I can make with 200 gold?"

Factories:
    • Q1 Food
    • Q2 Food x2
    • Q4 Weapons x2

WRM:
    • Tier 1
    • Tier 2 x8
    • Tier 4 x2

Assuming resource bonuses of 60%/40%:
    Net production = food worth 1600 health + Q4 weapons worth 112 hits + 203 WRM - 800 FRM
    Looks impressive until we realize the combined value of everything isn't enough for a discounted upgrade to Q6.

Making a substantial profit from manufacturing is tricky. Based on current prices, assuming free labour, and ignoring taxes, a Q7 weapon selling for $55 earns 55 - (0.22/WRM * 200 WRM) = $11. With 11 people producing 14 units each, that amounts to $1694 per day. The 588g ($470400 if 1g = $800) I've spent to upgrade to Q7 will be paid off after those 11 people work without pay for 278 days.
    278! They won't even get to use any of the weapons.

How much profit can be made from stocking up? Remember, extra storage costs $1.75 per unit...
    jasonchen2002
    jasonchen2002
    Admin

Post  jasonchen2002 Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:20 am

Hmm... gonna swing by to give you my reply:

So I have....

Factory:
    Q1 Food X 1
    Q2 Weapon X 1

FRM:
    Tier 1 X 3

WRM:
    Tier 1 X 1
    Tier 3 X 1
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Company Management Empty Foreign markets!

Post  Corona Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:01 pm

At $154 profit per person, I'd say that's a pretty reasonable amount.
    On a side note, you personally profit a bit more by reducing the costs of WRM. You could also perhaps do an underground trading system which has you buying discounted WRM and inflating their salary slightly to share the benefit of your cost reduction and in them getting money for their efforts! Again, always try to find shortcuts to making your life easier in this, that's the trick!

Also, I wouldn't hold the 200g investment against you, more often than not, I'm pretty sure you can raise money (if not, Exp) faster than the average citizen, so it still puts you on an advantage. Upon assessing each character, we can all follow some kind of plan to get pro fast. =P
    ----

As my [mini]post title suggests, I feel that if you can access good foreign markets for selling weapons (or even making cheap labour accessible for us), it would profit us more. There was a site I used to access for material and item costs that check across markets. I lost the URL as it had been years. That will probably be helping us a lot more. Storage should be invested into once profits are stable and we need to increase our cash flow to a necessary amount.

Jason, having 7k storage already, could be a good candidate for a future storage (provided he didn't fill it up already!).
    All investments we made to improve our characters, some way or another, should be utilized to our advantage. So play ball. =D

man_k9
    man_k9
    Admin

Post  man_k9 Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Oops - should have mentioned that the Q7 example was hypothetical. I did say that my net worth isn't even enough for Q6.

My point is that after any company upgrade, breaking even won't happen until much, much later. Given how costly those upgrades are and how much gold we have, we're better off exploring other options.

Barriers to foreign market entry: license costs 20g; beware of import taxes!
    Corona
    Corona
    Admin

Post  Corona Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:37 pm

Taking foreign taxes into awareness, still, it is easier to mass-produce in certain nations, and easier to sell in others. So we need some research on it. And when you need cheap resources to build a nation, we could fill in those gaps. =D

Edit: erep-stats[dot]com -- a very crucial site to our profits. I wanted a site functioning like this, but someone beat us to it. Saves on the need of creating one from scratch. Knowing you both, it could be very much revised even better. Though as-is, this site has much of what I need. =)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:52 am